Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs v1.2
OverviewThe Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LAN (WDAWL) v1.2 is a 2-day instructor-led course that introduces learners to the deployment of an efficient wireless LAN (WLAN) enterprise solution. To accomplish this, the course is designed to provide the learner a better understanding and appreciation of the complexities involved in efficiently supporting, client mobility, network efficiency, areas of high client density, high availability, advanced guest networking, and IPv6 support.
AudienceThis course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer or administrator that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
PrerequisitesThe knowledge and skills that a learner should possess before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Windows networking
- Completion of the Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials (WLE) e-learning course
Key topicsModule1: Client Mobility Between Subnets
- Same Subnet Roaming
- Inter-subnet Mobility
- Advanced Mobility Issues
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Implementing Video Over Wi-Fi
- Implementing VideoStream and FlexConnect
- Integrating the WLC With MS Lync SDN
- Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Planning for Areas of High Client Density
- Overview of Wireless Mesh Networks
- Overview of Implementing Wireless Mesh Networks
- Providing Advanced Guest Access
- Implementing Local Policies and Client Profiling
- Implementing CMX Visitor Connect
- Wireless High Availability
- Configuring Clients for IPv6
- Configuring the Infrastructure for IPv6
- Lab 1: Connecting to the Remote Lab
- Lab 2: Configuring QoS on the Controller
- Lab 3: Monitoring WLC QoS on the Switch Infrastructure
- Lab 4: Implementing CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 5: Implementing Social Auth CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 6: Configuring IPv6
ObjectivesAfter the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the steps involved in client mobility at layer 2 and the differences involved in client mobility at layer 3.
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user experience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario.
- Differentiate the operational characteristics of, and implement, a wireless MESH architecture.