Introduction to IBM SPSS Decision Trees (V19)
OverviewIntroduction to IBM SPSS Decision Trees is a two day instructor led classroom course that covers the principles and practice of the tree-based decision and regression methods available in IBM SPSS Decision Trees. A general introduction to the features of the IBM SPSS Decision Trees module and an overview of decision tree based methods will be covered. These methods (CHAID, Exhaustive CHAID, CRT, and QUEST) are used to perform classification, segmentation, and prediction modeling in a wide range of business and research areas. The techniques are discussed and compared, analyses are performed, and the results interpreted.
AudienceThis intermediate course is for:
- Analysts building prediction or decision models for which many predictor variables of different types may be involved
- Survey and Market researchers who need to perform automated decision or segmentation analysis
PrerequisitesYou should have:
- Familiarity with the Windows interface
- Knowledge of basic statistics through regression (topics covered in Statistical Analysis Using SPSS) is very useful.
- Introduction to IBM SPSS Decision Trees
- CHAID Analysis
- CHAID Extensions and Additional Features
- CRT Decision Trees
- CRT Regression Trees
- Quest Analysis