IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 Historical Reporting and Data Collection
OverviewIBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) provides very powerful tools for collecting data, displaying short-term history reports, and uploading data to a relational database for long-term storage, summarization, and report generation. Through a balance of lectures and hands-on exercises, learn how to install, configure, and use the historical data collection and reporting components, include the Tivoli Data Warehouse. Significant time is devoted to planning and sizing data storage requirements.
AudienceThis intermediate-level course is for system administrators and implementers tasked with setting up and managing the collection of historical data. Deployment specialists would also benefit from this course.
PrerequisitesYou should be familiar with:
- Monitoring in the IT environment and how to use IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 for Operators (TV282) and IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 for Administrators (TV302). These two courses are also offered as a combined class (see course TV362).
Key topicsPlanning a Tivoli Data Warehouse solution
- Capacity analysis
- Placement of components in the network
- Impact of decisions
- Tivoli Data Warehouse
- Warehouse Proxy Agent
- Summarization and Pruning Agent
- Short term history data
- Long term history data
- Summarization and pruning configuration
- Plan a Tivoli Data Warehouse solution, addressing capacity issues
- Install the historical data collection and reporting components
- Configure historical data collection
- Configure for summarization and pruning
- Report historical data