Veritas Data Insight 5.2 Administration
AudienceThis course is for storage administrators, systems administrators, IT security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Veritas Data Insight in a variety of system environments. It is also targeted at those who need to use Veritas Data Insight to monitor systems for IT security, compliance and data management use cases.
PrerequisitesYou must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology and Internet terms, and administrator-level knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Data Insight: Overview
- Common use cases
- Key concepts and terminology
- Data Insight integration
- Data Insight architecture
- Planning a deployment
- Installation prerequisites
- Installing Data Insight
- Configuring security
- Upgrade considerations
- Management Console: Overview
- Configuring administrative access
- Configuring directory services
- Configuring advanced server settings
- Configuring global settings
- Monitoring resources: Overview
- Adding Windows file servers
- Configuring Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS) targets
- Adding SharePoint Web applications
- Managing resources
- Adding NetApp filers
- Adding cloud content sources
- Reviewing the gathered data
- Evaluating data information
- Reviewing users and groups
- Monitoring Data Insight
- Assessing user collaboration
- Data Insight reporting: Overview
- Creating a report
- Data Insight Query Language (DQL): Overview
- Creating custom queries
- Using Data Insight for risk and compliance use cases
- Using Data Insight for data management use cases
- Monitoring system health
- Backing up and recovering
- Managing data locations
- Integrating with Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Integrating with Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Self-ServicePortal remediation: Overview
- Self-Service Portal installation and configuration
- Self-Service Portal workflows:
- Entitlement Review
- Ownership Confirmation
- Records Classification
- Adding Dell EMC filers
- Adding Hitachi NAS filers
- Adding Veritas File System (VxFS) servers
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline how Data Insight is used and key terms and concepts.
- Describe the Veritas Data Insight product, components and system architecture.
- Install and configure Veritas Data Insight.
- Add resources for system monitoring.
- Use Veritas Data Insight to monitor system resources.
- Create and manage Data Insight reports.
- Maintain a Data Insight deployment.
- Integrate Data Insight with Veritas Enterprise Vault and Symantec Data Loss Prevention.
- Create remediation workflows using the Self-Service Portal.