Veritas NetBackup Appliances 2.7.x: Configuration and Management
- NetBackup appliance family overview
- NetBackup appliance software overview
- NetBackup appliance hardware overview
- Pre-configuration checklist and other considerations
- Accessing the Appliance Web Console
- Initial configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu(CLISH)
- Remote configuration using Veritas Remote Management (VRM)
- Appliance configuration validation
- Integrating appliances in a NetBackup environment
- Performing backups and restores with appliances
- Running backup reports
- Appliance online resources
- Appliance physical inspection
- Resolving common hardware faults
- Monitoring with OpsCenter
- Monitoring with the Appliance Web Console and the Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH)
- Monitoring with Veritas Remote Management
- Upgrade overview to 2.7.3
- Pre-upgrade checks
- Upgrading the appliance
- Appliance resets
- Appliance reimaging
- Decommission an appliance
- Manage AutoSupport Alerts
- Set login banner
- Configuring a NetBackup CLI user
- LDAP and AD authentication
- Adding a storage shelf
- Symantec Data Center Security (SDCS)
- Configure SAN Client and Fibre Channel Replication
- Appliance Overview
- Appliance Monitoring
- Appliance Tasks
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe each of the Veritas Appliance family models, software releases, and the major features of each of those models.
- Describe the process of performing a basic configuration of the Appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- Describe backups and restores using an appliance and run reports from the NetBackup and Appliance interfaces.
- Review troubleshooting tools and identify troubleshooting resources.
- Describe the process of monitoring and managing the 5240 appliance using Veritas Remote Management (VRM) and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu CLISH).
- Describe the process of applying updates to the appliance software and the effects and options of performing a reset or a reimage and decommissioning an appliance.
- Identify common Appliance hardware faults or failures and management tasks for the appliance.