Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Advanced Administration
AudienceThis course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
- Understanding the NetBackup environment
- Using NetBackup Administrative interfaces
- Using NetBackup in an enterprise environment
- NetBackup performance overview
- Isolating bottlenecks
- Addressing bottlenecks
- Tuning NetBackup buffers
- Tuning NetBackup deduplication
- Network Resiliency
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Monitoring Auto Image Replication
- Managing and maintaining Auto Image Replication
- Protecting the NetBackup infrastructure
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
- Understanding application needs
- Database backup and restore concepts
- Customizing generic application backups
- Introduction to the Oracle database
- Configuring NetBackup for Oracle with Intelligent Policies
- Managing Oracle database backups
- Oracle database disaster recovery considerations
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Configuring SQL Server Intelligent Policies
- Using the NetBackup Microsoft SQL Client console
- Monitoring SQL Server database backups
- SQL Server and VMware backups
- SQL Server disaster recovery considerations
- Introduction to Microsoft Exchange Server
- Configuring NetBackup for Exchange
- Exchange and high availability environments
- Monitoring and maintaining Exchange database backups
- Exchange disaster recovery considerations
- Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint policies
- Monitoring SharePoint backups
- SharePoint disaster recovery considerations
- Protecting virtual machines with applications
- Using NetBackup Accelerator for VMware
- Understanding security concerns in a backup environment
- Auditing NetBackup
- Securing NetBackup with NBAC
- Securing NetBackup using encryption
- Using the cloud with NetBackup
- Using NetBackup with big data environments
- Using NetBackup Self Service
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Auto Image Replication, and MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, auditing, authentication, and authorization.