Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Differences 7.6.1 to 7.7.2
- Course overview
- Release installation and upgrade Requirements
- NetBackup 7.7 Administration Console enhancements
- NetBackup 7.7.2 Administration Console enhancements
- MS-SQL Intelligent Policies
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Group Support
- Oracle 12c Support: Pluggable Databases
- Enhancements to Oracle Intelligent Policies
- Enhancements to NetBackup for Oracle Interfaces
- Oracle Multistream Restore for Proxy Backups
- Instant Recovery for VMware in VMware Web Client
- VMware Accelerator Chargeback
- VMware Extended Attributes
- VMware Backup and Restore Reliability
- VMware Tags
- User Restores from VMware Backups
- NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- Hyper-V VM Discover
- NetBackup NDMP Accelerator
- RHEL Linux 96 TB MSDP Storage
- Generic S3 cloud connecter
- Amazon S3 storage class
- FIPS compliance
- Configuring NetBackup with access control
- Auditing NetBackup
- Administration Console Secure communication
- Deploying Security Certificates
- NetBackup logging enhancements
- Tar Refactoring (nbtar)
- Identify the new and enhanced release features, release categories, release resources, identify release support information and describe the release installation and upgrade requirements.
- Describe the enhancements to the NetBackup Administration console by performing common tasks such as configuration, operations and monitoring.
- Configure and monitor SQL Server backup jobs using Intelligent Policies, and protect SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Describe how NetBackup supports new features in Oracle 12c such as Pluggable Databases, describe enhancements to NetBackup for Oracle interfaces and perform Oracle multistream restores for proxy backups
- Configure increased storage capabilities with the RHEL Linux 96 TB MSDP Storage feature.
- Identify the virtualization improvements such as VMware Accelerator Chargeback reporting, VMware Extended Attributes, VMware Backup and Restore Reliability and VMware Tags.
- Configure intelligent policies for Hyper-V
- Describe FIPS certified encryption in NetBackup, configure NetBackup with access control using auth.conf and Enhanced Auditing, and audit NetBackup using auditing and Enhanced Auditing
- Describe how nbtar is a replacement for tar for Import/Verify operations on UNIX only media servers and to configure new logging features such as continuous logging of critical processes and NetBackup log pruning