Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x Media Server Deduplication Pool
- NetBackup architecture and processes
- NetBackup command-line utilities
- NetBackup debug log analysis
- Knowledge of Linux system administration
Key topicsCourse Introduction
- About this course
- Education and support resources
- Deduplication principles
- Deduplication phases
- Deduplication solutions
- MSDP processing overview
- NetBackup deduplication processes
- NetBackup deduplication process flow
- Understanding the MSDP referencing model
- MSDP configuration
- Configuring NetBackup media server deduplication
- Configuring client?side deduplication
- Maintaining NetBackup deduplication
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
- MSDP catalog directory structure
- MSDP shadow copies configuration
- MSDP catalog backup and recovery
- Reference database (RefDB)
- Deduplication engine (spoold) RefDB processing
- MSDP queue processing details
- Tracing CRQP activity
- Accelerate MSDP CRQP with concurrent refdb transactions
- Data loss and storage leaks
- Online data integrity checking
- Troubleshooting MSDP?related failures
- Image rebasing
- Client?side image rebasing
- Server?side image rebasing
- Understanding the pre?fetch model
- Logging with PrefetchTraceLevel
- Configuring pre?fetch groups
- Overview of MSDP upgrades
- Upgrading and conversion tools
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and functionality of deduplication.
- Explain MSDP processing.
- Describe the NetBackup deduplication process flow.
- Understand the MSDP referencing model.
- Configure a media server for deduplication.
- Configure client?side deduplication.
- Describe the MSDP catalog directory structure.
- Identify the changes to the MSDP shadow catalog.
- Describe the MSDP Reference Database (RefDB).
- Describe Deduplication Engine (spoold) RefDB processing.
- Describe CRQP activity.
- Describe MSDP data loss and storage leak concepts and explain the online data integrity checking.
- Troubleshoot MSDP?related failures and list the log files that are useful in troubleshooting.
- Describe the process of client?side image rebasing and server?side image rebasing.
- Describe the PrefetchTraceLevel logging levels.
- Describe the MSDP upgrade and conversion process, and the related tools.