Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIA – Administering File System Archiving
AudienceThis course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their file system environment.
PrerequisitesVeritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration I or equivalent experience is required. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with file server functionality is also required.
Key topicsIIA – Administering File System Archiving Lesson 1: Enterprise Vault FSA Overview
- Enterprise Vault FSA: Introduction
- FSA concepts and terminology
- Configuring and managing FSA roles
- Assessing FSA targets
- Assessing FSA Policies and Rules
- Reviewing FSA Tasks
- Installing and configuring FSA Reporting
- Running and accessing FSA reports
- FSA and Data Insight overview
- Adding and configuring a File Server Target
- Configuring Archive Points
- Policies overview
- Managing Volume Policies
- Managing Folder Policies
- Managing Policy > Archiving Rules
- Archiving content
- Accessing archived content
- Content control features overview
- Managing Retention Folder Policies
- Controlling file storage
- Managing pass-through recall
- Determining archived file deletion
- FSAUtility overview
- Using FSAUtility with:
- Archive Points
- Archived files
- Backing up and restoring Placeholders
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure Enterprise Vault File System Archiving (FSA).
- Manage FSA.
- Monitor FSA.