Veritas NetBackup 2.6.x Appliances: Configuration and Management
AudienceThis course is intended for Administrators, Operators, and other IT professionals who need to understand the general configuration, operations, monitoring and management concepts of a NetBackup Appliance.
- ? Identify and describe each of the NetBackup Appliance models and their major features.
- ? List the supported NetBackup Appliance software releases and identify how to access the compatibility information for NetBackup Appliances.
- ? Identify the hardware components and configuration options of the appliance compute units and storage shelves.
- ? Identify the information needed to complete the pre- configuration checklist, the required registration web page and other considerations for the initial appliance configuration.
- ? Describe how to access the Appliance Web Console for initial appliance configuration using the direct connect and remote methods and connecting post- configuration through the network.
- ? Identify local configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- ? Identify the remote configuration tasks using the Remote Management Module (RMM4)
- ? Validate the appliance configuration by logging into the appliance.
- ? Explain functionality differences when using a NetBackup appliance, and use common NetBackup features with the appliance.
- ? Perform backups and restores using an appliance.
- ? Run reports from the NetBackup and Applianceinterfaces showing backup activity on the appliance.
- ? Describe the areas in OpsCenter where Appliance monitoring information is found.
- ? Identify monitoring tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- Identify the areas in the Symantec Remote Management console where Appliance monitoring information is found.
- ? Describe the framework for upgrading an appliance to 2.6.1 including versioning/compatibility.
- ? Perform pre-upgrade and pre-flight checks on an appliance.
- ? Upgrade an appliance to a new software version.
- ? Install client software from an appliance.
- ? Perform a Factory reset on an appliance
- ? Reimage an appliance
- ? Describe the procedure to decommission an appliance.
- ? Identify the basics of the optional Call Home feature and how it allows proactive monitoring and messaging of NetBackup components.
- ? Describe the process for configuring a NetBackup CLI User.
- ? Explain the steps required to configure authentication on the appliance using LDAP.
- ? Describe general concepts for adding a second storage array and resource location for specific differences pertaining to the 5230 and 5330 appliances.
- ? Identify the key features of the SCSP audit view and how it protects servers in data centers.
- ? Introduce the online resources available to assist with troubleshooting the appliance.
- ? Describe how the indicators, lights and LEDs can be used to troubleshoot the appliance.
- ? Describe a Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) swap out and if component is determined not to be a CRU, then the procedure is to escalate the issue.
- ? Identify and describe each of the Symantec Appliance family models, software releases and the major features of each of those models
- ? Describe the process of performing a basic configuration of the Appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- ? Describe the process of monitoring and managing the 5230 Appliance using RMM4 and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu CLISH).
- ? Identify common Appliance hardware faults or failures and management tasks for the appliance.
- ? Describe the process of applying updates to the Appliance software and the effects and options of performing a reset or a reimage and decommissioning of a 5230 Appliance.
- ? Review troubleshooting tools.