Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration IIB - Administering SMTP Archiving and IMAP Client Access
AudienceThis course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their messaging environment.
PrerequisitesVeritas Enterprise Vault 12.x: Administration I or equivalent experience is required. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with SMTP messaging systems and IMAP clients is also required.
Key topicsIIB – Administering SMTP Archiving and IMAP Client Access Lesson 1: Enterprise Vault and SMTP
- SMTP Archiving: Overview
- SMTP Archiving: Architecture
- SMTP Archiving: Use Cases
- SMTP Archiving installation: Overview
- Configuring SMTP Archiving: Overview
- Creating archives for SMTP messages
- Configuring Retention Categories and SMTP Policies
- Configuring Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers
- Adding SMTP target addresses
- Adding an SMTP Archiving Task
- About target address rewriting
- Configuring target address rewriting
- Adding target address aliases
- SMTP Journal Archiving: Overview
- Configuring SMTP Journaling options
- Configuring Selective SMTP Journaling options
- Configuring SMTP Mailbox Journaling options
- Monitoring SMTP Archiving
- Monitoring SMTP performance
- Using PowerShell cmdlets
- Troubleshooting SMTP Archiving
- Mail Connect (IMAP) functionality
- IMAP architecture and components
- Editing the IMAP notification message
- Configuring IMAP Endpoints
- Configuring SMTP Endpoints
- Enabling IMAP users
- Configuring IMAP Policies
- Configuring IMAP Provisioning Groups
- IMAP Monitoring: Overview
- Using the IMAP Dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets for IMAP
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Implement SMTP archiving.
- Manage and monitor SMTP archiving.
- Implement and manage IMAP client access.