Disaster Recovery using Veritas Replicator 6.0 and Global Cluster Option (Veritas Cluster Server 6.x) for UNIX
AudienceThis course is for VCS administrators who are responsible for implementing and managing clusters across multiple sites using VVR as the data replication method.
Veritas Replicator 6.0 for UNIXDisaster Recovery Overview • Disaster recovery • Benefits of a disaster recovery solution • Disaster recovery concepts • Veritas disaster recovery technology overview Replication Overview • Defining replication • Replication options and technologies • Veritas Volume Replicator overview VVR Components • Comparing volume replication with volume management • Volume Replicator components • Volume Replicator data flow Replication Control • Replication mode and SRL overflow • Latency protection • Bandwidth throttling • How VVR detects failure of a secondary RVG Installation and Tuning • VVR installation • Tuning VVR • VVR interfaces Establishing Replication • Replication setup • Preparing for an initial synchronization of data • Methods for synchronizing a secondary RVG • Assessing the status of the replication environment VVR Administration • Volume, RVG, and RLINK administration • Validating replicated data
- Satisfying business needs when planning a VVR installation
- SRL planning
- Network planning
ObjectivesBy the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe industry-standard replication technology concepts and components.
- Describe concepts and components specific to Veritas Replicator.
- Develop a plan and implement Veritas Replicator.
- Initialize, synchronize, and replicate sample data.
- Perform a takeover, migration, and failback.
- Use a bunker site for disaster recovery.
- Perform off-host processing at the secondary replication site.
- Troubleshoot a replicated data environment.
- Configure a global cluster using the VCS Global ClusterOption.
- Manage a global cluster environment, including remoteclusters, global heartbeats, and global service groups.
- Configure notification and failover behavior in a global cluster.
- Describe how VCS supports replication.
- Implement and manage replication in a global cluster.
- Perform off-host processing under VCS control.
- Implement a replicated data cluster.